Quite incredibly, it is now twelve weeks since my hip replacement which means I am now restriction free! Although I’ve been looking fairly normal (if a bit lame sometimes) recently, I have still been banned from bending beyond 90 degrees, twisting or crossing my legs.. until Tuesday just gone. So how does it feel?
– Being able to shave my own legs in the shower was a liberating moment!
– Putting on trousers, socks and shoes is so much easier than it was.
– Normal toilet seats are so low! I never thought I’d miss the seat raisers but they were so much more comfortable being tall and wide!
– Crossing my legs felt really weird to start with. Apparently it isn’t good for you anyway so I might continue to try to give it a miss.
– Touching my toes for the first time was magic – I wasn’t sure my muscles would let me do it and they did tighten but I managed!
Generally I am feeling far more relaxed. It is taking a while for the precaution habits to break but I no longer have to think so much about what I am doing or worry that if I pull hay out of Pea’s mouth (like I did the other day) I might be bent more than 90 degrees and my hip might pop out!
Tomorrow I am going to see my surgeon, fingers crossed it is all going as well as I think it is!